Sunday, January 24, 2010

Workout victory, or death!

To celebrate Carla being back, and needing a good workout, we hit the gym for a couple hours today. Ultimate goal: for Carla to be sore for at least 3 days. (I didn't tell her that though!)

We've been workout partners for a while, and having her there really helps me keep my shit in line. Oh em gee, I might as well just say it, she's a great support system. She knows I've got a few wackadoo goals, that while she might not agree with (I will one day wrestle a bear and a shark at the same time) she is behind. Mostly. hahaha.

Ok, so the workout!
Warm up
- The 50s. (50 Pushups, 50 Squats, 50 Bicycle Crunches) A little note I'd like to make, if someone is not strong enough to do a full push up, you can do a modified pushup, that consists of keeping your knees on the floor, and then doing the push up movement -as you can see here. (Fast forward to 00:50, the lead up to the push up is worthless.)
- 40 leglifts
- Stationary Bike for 25 minutes (9 miles)

The Workout
  • DEADLIFT!!! 5 reps @ 60#, 2 sets of 10 reps @ 90#, 10 reps @ 140#, 10 @ 190#, 5 reps @ 200# (During this deadlift storm, I showed Carla how do do this, as well as front and back squats, she was doing the squats while I busted these out.)
  • Bicep Curls: 3 sets of 10 reps @ 25#, 5 reps @ 30# (Carla was using 15# and 20#)
  • DB Shoulder Press: 2 sets of 15 reps @ 30#, 10 reps @ 35# (I think Carla was using 15# and 20#)
  • DB Shrugs: 2 sets of 25 reps at 30#, 25 reps at 45#
I'd say this is a good endurance workout. Or the beginnings of a good endurance workout. I'm still refining my deadlift form. Also, the deadlift at 200# was tough for two reasons... grip strength, and keeping my shoulders back. It's hard to keep those shoulders back for that load, and the grip, well, yeah... hands lack muscles of any consequence, so it's time to build those forearms!

Current weight: 239.

No comments:

Post a Comment